Announcements and Important Events
WHAS11 and Sullivan University are teaming up to salute local high school All-Around All Stars- student athletes who excel on the field, in the classroom, and serve their community. Sullivan University is awarding a $2,000 cash scholarship to a local All Star!
While we realize that school is not in session for many at this point, many athletic teams are already back to practice.
The deadline to enter is Sunday, August 12 at midnight ET. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: Incorporation of athletic achievement, incorporation of academic achievement and community service activities, originality and creativity, and style and visual appeal. Five finalists will be selected for the chance to win the grand prize.
Voting for the five finalists will be open to the public and take place on WHAS11’s Facebook page.
HOW TO ENTER:
Step 1: To enter, create a video no more than two (2) minutes in length that highlights your athletic, academic, and service activities, and tell us what you plan to do with the scholarship
Step 2: Upload the video to YouTube.com. Be sure to include the words “WHAS11 All-Around All Stars” in the name of your video, along with your name and school name.
Step 3: Complete the entry form below including your YouTube video link and click “submit.”
Students wishing to enter can go to www.whas11.com/allstars to submit their entry. Please pass this information along to your athletic directors, coaches, or anyone else who works with high school athletes that can help to spread the word about this great scholarship opportunity!
1. Must be a junior or senior as of the 2018-2019 school year, attending a public or private high school
2. Must reside in the Louisville Local DMA. This includes: Jefferson, Shelby, Spencer, Nelson, Bullitt, Meade, Oldham, Trimble, Henry, Breckenridge, Grayson, Larue, Green, Adair, Taylor, Marion, Washington and Hardin counties in Kentucky and Floyd, Clark, Harrison, Washington, Jefferson, Orange, Crawford, Jackson, Jennings, and Scott counties in Indiana.
3. Must play a minimum of one (1) varsity sport for their high school
4. Must have an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale, as of end of last academic year)
5. Must be actively engaged in community service
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions! We look forward to see the amazing students from your schools!
CONSUMER INSIGHTS STRATEGIST
520 W. Chestnut St., Louisville, KY 40202
P. 502.582.7809 | C. 502.819.3548 | firstname.lastname@example.org